George Soros had to choose between Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama. He ended up giving $2100, the maximum contribution from a single donor for a primary, to Barack Obama. But if Hillary wins the Democratic nomination, he'd support her (and give her the $2100 allowed for the general election).
Believes John McCain has compromised his principles for the favor of the Bush administration and will not win the Republican nomination. Thinks former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney or former New York Mayor Rudolph Giuliani may win.
George Soros (1930– )
- American citizen
- born 1930 in Budapest
- son of the Esperanto writer Teodoro Schwartz
- left his native Hungary in 1944
- settled in London in 1947
- London School of Economics, BS, 1952
- chairman, Soros Fund Management
one of the world's greatest investors
managed the Quantum Fund (average annual return 1970-2000: 30%)
"the man who broke the Bank of England"
- on Black Wednesday (September 16, 1992)
- earned US$ 1.1 billion when he sold short more than $10 billion worth of pounds
says the recent resurgence of anti-Semitism could be because of the policies of Israel and the United States and because of the prominence of successful Jews like himself
The Age of Fallibility : Consequences of the War on Terror (2006)
Soros on Soros : Staying Ahead of the Curve