"I'm in and I'm in to win."
It's official. A few days after Barack Obama threw his hat into the race, Hillary Rodham Clinton has announced her intention to run. "I'm in and I'm in to win." That's the spirit!
- the first presidential spouse to run for president
- the first woman to run for president and have a really good chance of winning
59 years old and married to an adulterer
grew up in the Chicago suburbs in a conservative Republican household
was a "Goldwater girl" in 1964
a Democrat by 1968
law school at Yale (met Bill Clinton)
1974, worked on the House Judiciary Committee's impeachment investigation of Nixon
moved to Arkansas (married Mr Loose Dick in 1975)
1992 presidential campaign
- Gennifer Flowers scandal
- appeared with philandering husband on CBS' "60 Minutes" to do a "Stand by Your Man"
- failed attempt to deal with health care
- fundraising issues
- missing records
- profits from investment in cattle futures
- second "Stand by Your Man"
New York senator
- went on a listening tour of the state's 62 counties in order to get elected
- voted in 2002 to authorize military force in Iraq
Let the conversation begin!